Monday, November 9, 2009

Working with sub-standard materials...

I will say one word: Planning.... I will say it again: Planning...

Know it, follow it.

Why am I pushing this so fervently? Because a lack of it has pushed me into a corner, and behind schedule*.

Nearly completing my "oh-so-versatile" engine has brought to light a far more efficient design possibility. Far too deep in my project to back up, I have no choice but to press on with, what I consider to be, an obsolete design. I have enough of my engine working to create the game that I was planning, so I will press on.

Now, to the game. As I said before, it is basically a sliding puzzle involving a penguin. There will be a few variations to make the game more...eccentric... but the basics will be the same, use WASD or the arrow keys to move in one direction. If you move, you will continue moving until you hit an obstacle. Some obstacles will hurt you, others are more superficial.(rocks)

Well, I'm signing off... an undead horde is attacking my house and I haven't had much time to fight it off...until now...later!**



* I'm always behind schedule, but this is different. Good thing I am not working for someone. o.O
**Because when the undead apocalypse comes, I will be too busy updating my blog to save myself.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. :3 Your posts make me smile. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good, I dread the thought of someone smiling at me in a bad way!

    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete